Saturday, April 17, 2010

Make each day of your life exciting!

It's currently 2am and I am once again in deep thought. Somehow, post - midnight hours is where I ponder about my life, about what's ahead of me and what I have done in the past. From that often flow realisations about myself, and a refreshed and new attitude to everything around me. I love it because I feel like I learn something new each time.

This time around, it was the film 'Dead Poet's Society' that inspired me to reflect upon my life. I first watched it in Year 9 English Class, where it made a deep and indelible impact in my mind and life with its powerful message - Carpe Diem - Seize the Day - Make your lives Extraordinary.' At the time, I was extremely moved by that line, I immediately thought: is this how I am living my life? Come to think of it now, even though I was inspired by the film and what it purports, I have never truly taken up the challenge. Now, as a third year university student, I think the message has finally sunk in. I think it is really time to truly believe in myself make each day count.

We cannot always hide in our shells. We must get out there and do things beyond what we think we can. Impossibility is subjective. We can always stretch or extend the scope of it, as long as we try our hardest. Courage goes a long way.

So my dear friends, let's free our wings and fly. Forget fear, forget the standards and expectations of society, forget conformity, forget worries. Let us light our passion and our enthusiasm. Let us try new and exciting things each day. Learn new things, see things from new perspectives. Make our lives extraordinary!

I think it is at this moment that I am truly able to understand the meaning of this film. It is time to integrate this into my life. I would like to thank two of my dear friends here who talked about this beautiful film to me. Thank you for reminding me that life is worth us giving it all. You know who you are! :)

0 comments: